VP - System Engineer
Job Reference : GTL-2022-04-104
Location: Abu Dhabi
Perform satcoms system engineering activities within the Systems Engineering section
- Keep up to date with developments in communication systems technology, assessing new modulation and coding methods, error correcting techniques and access methods. .
- Carry out link analyses, capacity analyses, and perform availability studies. Support system optimisation efforts for their systems.
- Have detailed understanding of satellite, ground station, and user terminal performance parameters for fixed and mobile services to analyse the communication links in various RF bands.
- Create user friendly software models of system analyses that can be used by various departments with the company for the purpose of mission planning and optimization.
- This work will also require closely monitoring ITU recommendations and following ITU working groups
Developing Procurement Specifications :
- Support the development of the specifications for all space segment and ground segment procurement processes, in coordination with the other sections in the Engineering Department, Broadband Operations Department, Commercial Division and other stake holders.
Support Proposals Review and Assessment :
- Support other Sections in the Engineering Division, the Broadband Operations Division and other relevant areas in the review and assessment of proposals received in response to RFP’s issued by the company
- Consolidate accurate Management reports to provide timely feedback to Management for monitoring the progress of Procurement transactions and operations