Systems Engineer - Optical Payload
Job Reference: GTL-2018-06-104
Location: Bristol, United Kingdom
Please note - this is a permanent position.
Primary Purpose of the Role:
The Systems Engineer will work with the Lead Systems Engineer on Equipment, Payload/Platforms activities within phase A/B/C/D of proposals/projects focusing on optical design / architecture and optics alignment. The Systems Engineer will define requirements, architecture, design and verification for space systems in accordance with relevant European Space Agency flight standards. This will be completed in accordance with relevant Quality Management and industry Standards.
Reporting to the Systems Engineering Manager with technical oversight provided by the Design Authority.
The main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Experience in space optical system design, image sensors and filters
- Experience in calibration, alignment testing for optical payloads
- Perform modelling, simulation and trade-offs for the payloads
- Analysis of customer requirements and flow them into a compliant subsystem specifications
- Deliver technical documents and estimates for proposals and reviews on time.
- Selection of parts suitable for the space environment;
- Interface Management and Specification;
- Requirements Engineering through the engineering project
- Critically review inputs from the different teams (systems, software, mechanical/thermal)
- Definition of test procedures;
- Supporting integration and testing at unit and Spacecraft level;
- Support to reviews at all levels of the design, development and testing of the function;
- Liaise with customers and subcontractors on technical issues
- Experience with Requirements management tools such as DOORS, and modelling tools will be an advantage
- Experience with scripting languages
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink
- Experience with Zemax would be an asset