Systems Engineer (Contractor)
Job Reference: GTL-2019-04-102
The Systems Engineer shall contribute to maintaining the overall systems design documentation of the existing and future ground segment level systems, data processing systems and multi-mission elements (MME’s). When the evolution of these systems are proposed and implemented, the engineer shall analyse them and verify the system and interfaces coherence.
Task :In the role of service to the maintenance and evolution activities of the operational programs:
- Contribute to the System Requirements Definition process and/or maintaining existing requirements baselines;
- Contribute to the maintenance, for all the operational ground systems, of a complete and consistent set of System Technical Documentation and the baseline;
- Contribute to the creation of System Engineering models of Ground Systems using an MBSE approach (e.g. Enterprise Architect) and/or maintaining existing model baselines;
- Perform technical analysis of system architecture and specification evolution or major upgrades of the operational ground systems, for interfaces coherence and compatibility check with other ongoing developments;
- Contribute to the IV&V testing approach for major evolution of the operational ground systems and contribute to the co-ordination of the installation, integration and verification of new systems into the operational infrastructure;
- Contribute to the various OPS & TSS Projects and associated reviews, as required, providing System Engineering contributions during the design phase and contribute actively to the definition of the IV&V activities;
- Contribute to the assessment of Engineering Tasks providing System Engineering expertise to CRB’s and ARB’s;
- Contribute to the impact analysis of ICT evolution in operational systems.
- Contribute to the analysis, investigations and resolution of system and ground segment level anomalies;
- Provide expert inputs to engineers on all related activities as requested;
- Contribution to the OPS regular coordination processes as requested.
In the role of services to the development of new programs :
- Participate to the description of the system architecture and interfaces between external systems and the mission specific elements of the ground system (including data processing systems and MMEs);
- In coordination with the system and interface engineers of the future ground segment, ensure that the definition and documentation of new interfaces are compatible with the methodology used in Operations; this includes the use of common templates for Interface Control Document and the use of the same tool for maintaining the interfaces data dictionary;
- Provide support to the definition of the IV & V approach for the future ground systems
For the development and maintenance of ground segment systems:
- Applied client's engineering method
- Participation in daily coordination meetings
- Technical reporting
- Experience in the field of Systems Engineering and architectural design for data processing systems, MMEs and ground segment systems;
- Capability to prepare system requirements and design documents, and to perform system-level analyses for complex satellite-based systems
- Experience of writing technical requirements (preferably to ECSS standards).
- Experience of interface management and definition.
- Familiarity with mechanisms and tools for detailed interface definition.
- Capability to prepare and manage ICD.
- Use of modelling and design languages for System Engineering (e.g. SysML) and tools in support of architectural design activities (e.g. Enterprise Architect);
- Knowledge of space and ground system engineering processes, and system and software life-cycles and standards.
- Definition, management and traceability of requirements structure with the support of dedicated tools (e.g. DOORS).
- Experience in Integration, Verification and Validation (IV&V) of complex systems.Engineer (w / m / d) or equivalent education
- Knowledge of Data Processing and IV&V for Ground Segment is mandatory
- Knowledge on the following fields are desirable :
- Archive Systems
- Ground Stations
- Computer Systems
- Mission Control and Monitoring Systems
- Knowledge and /or experience on the following areas would be an advantage:
- Full development cycle of large systems, from the definition of requirements to system design and testing;
- Configuration Control processes and tools;
- ECSS standards.