Senior Project Manager
Job Reference: GTL-2018-08-102
Location: Guildford, United Kingdom
To manage the delivery of major mission projects to the customer within the required financial and programmatic constraints.
Key Tasks :
- Day-to-day management of the project core team activities to ensure the entire project is progressing in line with the baseline plan.
- Communication with SSTL customers and internal stakeholders, including Heads of Business, Head of
- Projects, Engineering Team Leaders and Department Managers, Project Accounting and Commercial teams.
- Management of the major project reviews, identifying clear objectives, inputs, outputs and success criteria.
- Management of the project key risks to ensure that risks are identified, captured and mitigation actions in place.
- Monitoring and control of the project finances (contingency, cost to complete, profit take) to ensure the project is delivered within the agreed budget.
- Monitoring and control of all project work packages to ensure they are delivered on time and to cost, and to identify early deviations from the agreed baseline plan.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proven experience in project management specifically in setting up, running and successfully delivering projects, ideally in a satellite or engineering/aerospace industry.
- Good experience of implementing contracts.
- Familiarity with work package systems and matrix management structure preferable.
- Excellent inter-personal skills; able to influence, persuade and negotiate with all levels of people effectively.
- Understand contracts and product assurance plans.
- Ability to cope under pressure and ensure deadlines are met.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good organisation skills.
- Good presentation and customer facing skills.
- Highly results orientated; strong drive to deliver.
- Proficient in all MS Office packages and knowledge of Microsoft Project.