Senior GNSS Engineer
Job Reference: GTL-2018-10-101
Location: Guildford, United Kingdom
GNSS Engineering – focussed on GPS/GNSS technology including GNSS Receivers, GNSS remote sensing, GNSS Signals and systems Key Tasks :
- Designing, implementing and maintaining space-borne GNSS Receivers and Payloads.
- Undertake requirements capture, performance trades and design activities.
- Development, enhancement and maintenance of products.
- Provide GNSS signals knowledge to Navigation Projects.
- Work within and ensure application of company processes.
- Maintaining cost, managing risks and schedule.
- Interfacing with internal and external customers and collaborating institutions.
- Signal tracking design for spaceborne GNSS receivers and GNSS remote. sensing (reflectometry and radio occultation) instruments.
- Catalogue and process measurements taken from active satellites
Qualifications and Experience :
- Good degree in a Science, Engineering or Maths subject
- Proven ability to develop complex real-time embedded systems
- Experience in producing position solutions from GNSS measurements
- Experience in assessing GNSS tracking loop bandwidths and interactions
- Software experience in digital receivers would be an advantage
- Experience with small satellites and/or satellite AOCS systems
- Experience with signal generation units and digital signal processing
- Proven ability to deliver solutions under pressure and to tight timescales
- Proven ability to deliver complex multi-disciplinary electronics products
- Experience of delivering reports and bids to customers
Knowledge & Skills:
- Detailed Knowledge of GNSS systems (.e.g. GPS, Galileo, GLONASS, BEIDOU, SBAS)
- Experienced in real-time embedded software development and/or VHDL design
- Exposure to VHDL and C in digital signal processing Experience undertaking signal processing in Matlab would be an advantage
- Understanding of GNSS tracking loops and measurements
- Knowledge of GNSS remote sensing techniques
- Knowledge of LEO, MEO and GEO orbits and environments
- Knowledge of Attitude, Orbit and Control Systems would be an advantage
- Requires a dedicated, innovative and pragmatic approach
- Very good verbal communications and presentations skills
- Excellent writing skills with a proven ability to generate high quality technical documentation
- Excellent organisational, management and team working skills