Propulsion Systems Engineer
Job Reference: GTL-2021-03-107
Location: Harwell, United Kingdom
The role is a permanent position and the successful candidate will be based in Harwell, UK ( remote working could be arranged)
The main duties and responsibilities may include:
Technically lead the propulsion subsystem activities (EP and/or CP) during Phase C/D/E for recurring satellite product line application programmes
Be the primary technical point of contact responsible for the propulsion subsystem on a project, interfacing with the PMO and satellite system teams in France, customer technical teams, AIT team and other subsystem experts, (such as Mech/Thermal, AOCS)
- Support propulsion architects and subsystem technical leads with technical document preparation for projects, studies and bids on electric and/or chemical propulsion subsystem architectures & technologies
- Interpret mission/customer specific and generic system level requirements and establishing the baseline technical requirements document (TRD) for the propulsion subsystem
- Provide technical support to system level propulsion trade-offs for optimization of the satellite and mission design.
- Support the preparation of subsystem design justification for major design reviews throughout the project life cycle
Present subsystem design justification in major design reviews throughout the project life cycle in cooperation with the Program Management Office and other subsystems
- Review and consolidate technical documentation through the different project life cycle milestones & reviews (EQSR, PDR, CDR, MRR, TRR, QR, etc)
- Establishing integration and test plans and requirements for the subsystem Development and improvement of new analysis tools in specialised fluidic software (e.g. EcosimPro), and also in Excel, MATLAB, and Python.
- Performance analyses in support of non-conformance review board.
- Prepare/update subsystem analysis reports through the different project life cycle milestones & reviews (PDR, CDR, QR etc)
- Demonstrates systems engineering knowledge – across the “Systems V” – to achieve critical project outcomes to time, cost and quality
- Provide regular reporting of technical progress to the project and management team
- Provide technical input to future propulsion developments and contribute to continuous improvement of products, systems and processes
- Oversee the propulsion module manufacture and AIT activities
- Manage any anomalies or non-conformances occurring throughout the project life cycle at equipment or subsystem level with support from product engineers and technical experts and present technical status/progress in NCRs with the customer
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Degree level qualification in a discipline associated with Space Engineering (such as aerospace/astronautics/mechanical engineering) or related subjects (such as physics).
- 4-5 years' experience minimum.
- Head of Engineering for project status and escalation
- Project Manager for definition of work packages and detailed project oversight of task delivery
- Other engineering teams
- Design Authority
- Product Assurance Manager
Values & Behaviors:
- Produce items to quality standards to meet customer / contractual requirements.
- Provide all tasks and outputs, typically defined within a work package description, in conformance to agreed scope budget and schedules.
- Build relationships with colleagues and work cooperatively with others to achieve project goals.
- Contribute to professional exchanges and develop the corporate expertise