Propulsion Systems Architect
Job Reference: GTL-2021-03-105
Location: Harwell, United Kingdom
The role is a permanent position and the successful candidate will be based in Harwell, UK ( remote working could be arranged)
The main duties and responsibilities may include:
- Interpret and extract subsystem level requirements from system level requirements to flow down to the propulsion subsystem TRD
Manage technical trade-offs at propulsion subsystem level leading to the definition of a frozen propulsion subsystem design;
- Define the development plan for the subsystem & implement it throughout the product life cycle, ensuring that any technical evolutions of the subsystem are in line with the plan.
- Be the primary technical point of contact for the propulsion subsystem with the Satellite system team and future commercial customer team
- Support the RSS in delivery of technical documentation for the subsystem through the different project life cycle milestones & reviews (PDR, CDR, QR…)
- Contribute to our client´s propulsion product policy definition & ensure its implementation on the programme
- Support the satellite system team & the customer’s system level propulsion & launch deployment strategy trade-offs for optimization of the satellite and mission design
- Contributes to the technical referential for propulsion subsystem engineering
- Is active during peer reviews
- Contributes and participates in R&T guidelines and the propulsion department roadmap
- Provide extensive engineering expertise and industry knowledge to the wider propulsion team and support the growth and mentoring of less experienced engineers in their specific technical domain of propulsion subsystem engineering
- Be responsible for overviewing proposals, shaping the approach, offering solutions to best retire risk, maximise performance and comply with customer requirements
Internal Relationships :
- Head of Engineering for project status and escalation
- Project Manager for definition of work packages and detailed project oversight of task delivery
- Other engineering teams
- Design Authority
- Product Assurance Manager
Values & Behaviours :
- Produce items to quality standards to meet customer / contractual requirements.
- Provide all tasks and outputs, typically defined within a work package description, in conformance to agreed scope budget and schedules.
- Build relationships with colleagues and work cooperatively with others to achieve project goals.
- Contribute to professional exchanges and develop the corporate expertise