Project Science Lead - Timing
Job Reference: GTL-2019-04-106
Location: Chelmsford, United Kingdom
In this key role, you will work directly with others in the growing Quantum Technology team to provide support and expertise on the various activities of Quantum Sensor development. Initially, your work will be focused on the precision timing aspect of Quantum Technology.
A significant part of the role will involve internal and external liaison between the company and other Quantum device stakeholders such as other functions within the company, MOD and Dstl scientists, university physicists and corporate engineering teams.
- Provide scientific and technical support to project managers, team members and customers;
- Take a leading role in the development of precision timing technology ;
- Review project specifications and advise on feasibility of proposals;
- Identify opportunities for improvement of company's Quantum Technology understanding and implement improvement opportunities;
- Ensure that the appropriate equipment, processes and documentation exists for the correct manufacturing of the product;
- Determine and manage the technical risk on a project and to implement mitigation activities as appropriate;
- Ensure that the requirements of the customer are met;
- Generate and own appropriate test plans;
- Ensure the company QA (Quality Assurance) procedures are met.
- PhD level or equivalent qualification in relevant field;
- Practical laboratory experience in precision timing;
- Experimental skills in laser physics, atomic physics and electronics;
- Project risk management techniques.
- Experience as a post-doctoral or equivalent researcher;
- Motivation to further the development of Quantum Technologies based systems to commercial products;
- Experience on atomic clocks and applications;
- Experience in development and delivery of Quantum Sensors