Principal Systems Design Engineer
Job Reference : GTL-2022-04-102
Location: London, United Kingdom
Our client , the inventor of the ultra-low profile, active electronically steered phased array antenna for mobile satcom, is looking for an ambitious principal systems design engineer who wants to make his or her mark on next generation product
- Provide technical leadership in systems engineering as part of a multidisciplinary product engineering team developing a technically advanced phased array satellite communications antennas.
- Apply best practice systems engineering methodologies and tools to translate customer product requirements into system and sub-system specifications.
- Work with other team members to perform cost and performance trade studies to ensure the optimal design solution.
- Develop models to predict system-level performance, carrying out our impact analysis for sub-system specification variations.
- Coach and mentor less experienced systems engineers to enhance our systems engineering discipline
- Identify and implement continuous improvements associated with the product development lifecycle. Author and maintain processes as required
- Work with the Product Engineering Director to develop existing system architecture designs and derive new ones to meet future product requirements.
- Act as system design authority
- Deliver system-level modelling and analysis to predict performance to system requirement specifications, on your own and by leading others.
- Own system-level requirement specifications, working with the wider engineering team to capture and derive the requirements flow-down from product level to engineering functions.
- Produce documentation, specifications and reports to an excellent standard to support quality assurance.
- Characterise, analyse and provide insight on system performance for key RF and digital parameters.
- Provide insight and innovative solutions to technical challenges encountered during system integration and characterisation – problem-solving abilities are key.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring in areas of specialist expertise.
- Understand customer needs to support design decisions and interpret the impact of customer requirements on system-level specifications.
- Lead customer engineering liaison and delivery of customer design activities, managing possible risks and opportunities when required.
- Support the wider technical deliverables required for product development, such as lifecycle management, methods development, peer reviews, procurement support and lab testing.
Qualification, Knowledge and Skills:
- Postgraduate engineering or undergraduate engineering degree
- Broad Experience working in systems, RF and antenna product design
- Experience of design and integration of Ku or Ka band electronically steered phased array antennas.
- Proven innovation in RF and/or antenna design
• Competitive salary
• Bonus scheme
• Contributory pension
• Life insurance at 4X annual salary
• Flexible working
• 25 days' holiday (plus recognised public holidays) and holiday purchase scheme
• Season ticket loan
• Cycle-to-work scheme
• Training – continuing professional development
• Private Medical Insurance (PMI)
• WeCare – access to 24/7 online GP