SW GSE Engineer
Job Reference: GTL-2019-01-102
Location: Bristol, United Kingdom
Please note - this is a permanent position.
Our client has more than 40 years’ experience in designing, integration, testing, operation and commissioning of innovative space systems. Using some of the world’s most sophisticated technologies, that meet the needs of a variety of commercial, government, scientific and security customers. Its teams create the technology to monitor our oceans, help us better understand climate change and drive scientific progress. We also supply the International Space Station and, as such, play a pivotal role in exploring the universe.
This is an excellent opportunity to join at the start of a growing business, shape your career and be a major contributor to growth of the business.
- Review of customer requirements;
- Define Software requirements for EGSE systems
- Design/Develop/Validate Software solutions to be used in EGSE systems for Satellite AIT
- Follow life cycle documentation for an EGSE system, which might include
- Test Specification
- Development, Verification and Validation Plan
- Validation Report
- Verification Control Document (VCD)
- 1st level support for the AIT facility, which may include
- Commissioning of software
- Training of AIT users,
- Configuration management of the ESGE hardware and software components.
Expertise in one or (ideally) more than one of the following fields is desired:
- Object Oriented Software design/development (knowledge of Java will be an asset)
- Code Version Control (knowledge of SVN / Git is desired)
- Knowledge of one of the following protocol is required: MIL-STD-1553 and / or Spacewire
- Packet Utilization Standard (PUS)
- Satellite Reference Database (SRDB) / MIB format
- Knowledge of one of the following scripting language: TCL / SCOS2000
- Requirements Management (RATIONAL DOORS knowledge would be considered an asset)
Values & Behaviours:
- Produce items to quality standards to meet customer / contractual requirements.
- Provide all tasks and outputs, typically defined within a work package description, in conformance to agreed scope budget and schedules.
- Build relationships with colleagues and work cooperatively with others to achieve project goals.
- Contribute to professional exchanges and develop the corporate expertise in digital design engineering.
- Proactive to optimise engineering processes to reduce costs
In line with Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.