Job Reference: GTL-2018-11-101
Location: Harwell, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
Please note - this is a permanent position.
Our client has more than 40 years’ experience in designing, integration, testing, operation and commissioning of innovative space systems. Using some of the world’s most sophisticated technologies, we meet the needs of a variety of commercial, government, scientific and security customers. Their teams create the technology to monitor our oceans, help us better understand climate change and drive scientific progress. We also supply the International Space Station and, as such, play a pivotal role in exploring the universe.
This is an excellent opportunity to join at the start of a growing business, shape your career and be a major contributor to growth of the business.
- Review of customer requirements and establish MGSE concepts
- Define requirements for MGSE and compile specification.
- Establish cost estimates and calls for tender for MGSE procurement
- Manages the MGSE cost and ensures that the equipment is available by the required deadlines
- Participates and/or follows the design, development and manufacturing of the MGSE
- Oversee manufacturing process, this may include:
- Trials of equipment before use in AIT
- Validation and certification for use in the AIT facility
- Develop documentation for the MGSE, which may include:
- Configuration diagrams
- Assembly drawings
- Engineering analysis
- Certification procedures
- Maintenance plan
- User manuals
- 1st level support for the AIT facility, which may include:
- Commissioning of hardware
- Composition of AIT procedures
- Training for AIT team
- Handling of equipment during AIT
- Maintenance of the MGSE, this includes the maintenance plan, calibration data and safety checks as required
- Participation in the resolution of issues experienced during AIT
- Configuration management of the MSGE hardware and documentation.
- Maintenance of legacy MGSE working with team members based in other TAS Sites for knowledge sharing
Values & Behaviours:
- Produce items to quality standards to meet customer / contractual requirements.
- Provide all tasks and outputs, typically defined within a work package description, in conformance to agreed scope budget and schedules.
- Build relationships with colleagues and work cooperatively with others to achieve project goals.
- Contribute to professional exchanges and develop the corporate expertise in digital design engineering.
- Proactive to optimise engineering processes to reduce costs