Microelectronic Development Engineer
Job Reference: GTL-2019-05-107
Our client is an important Belgian company specialized in aeronautical constructions and active in the design, manufacture and testing of large structural elements and electromechanical systems of high technology. They are looking for talented employees who want to invest in a dynamic and innovative company.
Task & Responsibilities
- The person will be responsible, in collaboration with another microelectronics engineer, for porting a proprietary company VHDL design on an FPGA and / or ASIC for an aeronautical application. Tho work will be carried out in compliance with DO-254 DAL A. Compliance with the Technical Specification, the Architecture Document and other documents from the downstream V-cycle will also need to be ensured.
- The person will give the necessary support to the electronic and software team that will integrate the design on a breadboard. The various documents associated with the DO-254 DAL-A standard will be written in English with the support of the company microelectronics team. Participation in EASA audit meetings is also planned.
- Knowledge of VHDL as well as notions of digital and analog electronics are required. In particular, the understanding of systems integrating a digital core based on the AMBA standard (AHB / APB) will be necessary.
- Depending on the priorities of the project, it may also be requested to provide support to the team developing the embedded software and / or SW tools.
Qualifications and Skills :
- Standards and methodologies specific to aeronautics (development standards, DO-254, DOORS, etc.)
- Mastery (minimum 5 years) of the VHDL language and the management of a simulation environment based on Perl, Tcl / Tk, Python, etc ...)
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English (Level B2 required)
- Fundamentals of digital and analog electronic systems, based on microprocessor / microcontroller architecture
- Knowledge of Linux commands is a plus
- Knowledge of C, C ++ is a plus
- Office tools: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, ...