Manufacturing & Quality Engineer
Job Reference : GTL-2022-07-102
One of our clients located in Luxembourg, is looking for a talented, dedicated, and results-oriented Manufacturing Quality Engineer to join our team. You will have the opportunity to work with a multi-functional team on an innovative product.
As a Manufacturing Quality Engineer, you will be responsible to lead a team to produce robotic arms and related equipment. As part of this, you will develop assembly documentation, define production processes and lead manufacturing builds for delivery to client’s customers. Working from first principles, you will define quality control processes which will scale alongside our production ramps. You should be comfortable getting your hands dirty to aid production, root-cause issues and implement creative short-and-long-term mitigation improving overall build quality.
- Plan and oversee production schedules and build efforts as team size evolves
- Create technical documentation including assembly procedures, rework instructions, production metric tracking, and manufacturing quality reports (travellers, inspection procedure, metrology)
- Identify non-conformance issues and then utilize corrective and preventative actions to mitigate them
- Continuously improve process efficiency, production costs and overall productivity
- Collaborate with technicians to ensure that production and integration equipment is available and maintained to the expected quality standards
- Collaborate with design engineers, product assurance and procurement personnel to ensure that builds are completed on schedule and in spec
- Travel required up to an average of 10-15% may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Quality Engineering, Manufacturing or related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience working as a Manufacturing Engineer on complex electromechanical products
- Familiar with SolidWorks or similar CAD program
- Experience with non destructive inspection
- Extensive hands on experience with common manufacturing processes (i.e., mills, lathes welders etc.)
- Expertise in design for manufacturability and design for assembly
- Experience interpreting GD&T, analyzing tolerance stacks, and leading FMEA is an advantage
- Understanding of aerospace manufacturing, supplier quality assurance based on EN/JISQ/ISO AS9100 is a major plus
- Strong technical writing skills to communicate effectively with technicians, engineers and management
- Willingness to relocate and work from our Luxembourg office
- English is a requirement but any additional language – French, German, Luxembourgish is an advantage