Junior Propulsion Engineer
Job Reference: GTL-2021-03-108
Location: Harwell, United Kingdom
The role is a permanent position and the successful candidate will be based in Harwell, UK ( remote working could be arranged)
The main duties and responsibilities may include:
- Support propulsion architects and subsystem technical leads with technical document preparation for projects, studies and bids on electric and/or chemical propulsion subsystem architectures & technologies
- Interpret mission/customer specific and generic system level requirements and establishing the baseline technical requirements document (TRD) for the propulsion subsystem
- Provide technical support to system level propulsion trade-offs for optimization of the satellite and mission design.
- Support the preparation of subsystem design justification for major design reviews throughout the project life cycle
- Review and consolidate technical documentation through the different project life cycle milestones & reviews (EQSR, PDR, CDR, MRR, TRR, QR, etc)
- Establishing integration and test plans and requirements for the subsystem Development and improvement of new analysis tools in specialised fluidic software (e.g. EcosimPro), and also in Excel, MATLAB, and Python.
- Performance analyses in support of non-conformance review board.
- Prepare/update subsystem analysis reports through the different project life cycle milestones & reviews (PDR, CDR, QR etc)
- Demonstrates systems engineering knowledge – across the “Systems V” – to achieve critical project outcomes to time, cost and quality
- Provide regular reporting of technical progress to the project and management team
- Provide technical input to future propulsion developments and contribute to continuous improvement of products, systems and processes
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Degree level qualification in a discipline associated with Space Engineering (such as aerospace/astronautics/mechanical engineering) or related subjects (such as physics).
- 2-3 years' experience minimum
- Head of Engineering for project status and escalation
- Project Manager for definition of work packages and detailed project oversight of task delivery
- Other engineering teams
- Design Authority
- Product Assurance Manager
Values & Behaviors:
- Produce items to quality standards to meet customer / contractual requirements.
- Provide all tasks and outputs, typically defined within a work package description, in conformance to agreed scope budget and schedules.
- Build relationships with colleagues and work cooperatively with others to achieve project goals.
- Contribute to professional exchanges and develop the corporate expertise