Junior Electronics Systems Engineer
Job Reference: GTL-2019-08-101
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Please note: This is a permanent position
Our client is looking for a Space Electronics System Engineer to join a growing design team dedicated to developing innovative electronic systems for Space applications. The role will involve the design, development, test and documentation activities related to new space based electronics avionics equipment. The ideal candidate is a detail oriented all-rounder with a mix of experience in electronic design and technical analysis who can take responsibility for end-to-end delivery of project deliverable. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who can demonstrate initiative and problem-solving capability and ideally with some experience in the design and development of space electronic systems operating in the challenging space environment. An important part of the role will require excellent communications skills to interface with the customer technical team and with the internal departments who are delivering items and services to the project. The Junior Space Systems Engineer will be of the designer engineering team report and work under minimal supervision while assuming responsibility for their assigned tasks with a sense of urgency and attention to detail to deliver the technical solution to our customer on time and within budget.
- Review customer’s requirements to determine the first iteration of technical solution.
- Analyse the proposed solution to determine compliance with relevant standards and constraints.
- Create relevant technical, planning and reporting documentation as required.
- Develop and execute engineering, qualification and acceptance tests on space electronic systems.
- Collaborate with other members of product/system design and production teams.
- Liaison with hardware and software designers, technical management and 3rd party vendors.
- Provide pro-active evaluation of schedules to manage programme technical risk.
- Ensure engineering activities are carried out within budget and suggest improvements.
- Provide regular reports to management with detailed reviews of project performance and risk.
- Contribute to daily / weekly / monthly Engineering team reviews.
- Honours Degree in a relevant STEM subject or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed above.
- Minimum of 2 year’s experience in a relevant Space Electronics Systems Engineering environment.
- Fluency in speaking, reading & writing in the English language is mandatory.