Electronics Design Engineer
Job Reference : GTL-2022-05-103
One of our clients located in Luxembourg, is looking for a talented, dedicated, and results-oriented Electronics Design Engineer to join our team. You will have the opportunity to work with a multi-functional team on an innovative product. The ideal candidate must be willing to relocate and our work at our Luxembourg Location.
As an Electronics Design Engineer, you will join our product design team to develop our first product line, which is aimed at bringing a mass-market robot arm to the growing commercial space industry. Your role will be focused on building and testing prototypes of the electronics to support robotic arm operations and eventually the actual robot arms that go to space on our customer missions. Additionally, you will be responsible both for designing and procurement of automotive, MIL, space grade components for the system. The Electronics Design Engineer will help design controllers, interface boards, and power distribution units for the robotic system. Supported by the Lead Mechatronics engineer, you will design and prototype electronics for the client’s robotic arm product line.
What we are looking for in a candidate: You have demonstrated experience in electronics prototyping skills, selection of components, derating and typical breadboarding. You have experience in building, integrating and testing systems composed of sensing, processing, commanding and executing elements. You will be primarily responsible for designing the power distribution unit for the robotic arm system. A background in power electronics is considered an excellent asset. Knowledge of Latching Current Limiters and high frequency switching systems is also necessary.
- Design electronics systems, schematic and layouts, based on system requirements and working with both internal team members and external vendors.
- Build and test electronics prototypes and final designs specification creation and requirement gathering of spacecraft electronics
- Component selection and definition based on system requirements
- System performance analysis
- ECAD design for Schematic and PCB Layout
- Leasing with PCB and assembly house to ensure quality and speed are achieved
- Electronic board bring up, verification and debugging
- Documentation of design, test procedures and manufacturing instructions to hand over
- Architectural definition, systems and subsystem level design
- B.S. in Electronics/Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Robotics or equivalent area of focus
- Demonstrated ability to work hard, under demanding schedule
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Ability to develop warm peer-to-peer relationships.
- Fluency in English (additional language a plus)
- Minimum 3+years of experience
Skills & Experience:
- Experience in signal processing and data acquisition
- Electronics theory, including component knowledge and analogue and digital circuitry
- ECAD software knowledge for schematics and layout design
- Willing to relocate to our Luxembourg location