EEE Parts Support Engineer
Job Reference: GTL-2018-08-103
Location: Guilford, United Kindom
Support for EEE Parts Selection, associated PA and related activities.
Key Tasks :
- Maintain a coherent approach to EEE parts selection in line with company guidelines and project requirements.
- Liaise with product design engineers, production & procurement entities on parts selection and part related issues such as de-rating, radiation tolerance and reliability and assembly.
- Collation of information/data and maintenance of the EEE parts database in co-operation with ECAD and other teams
- Provide technical support to Peer Reviews and MRB’s as required.
- Help develop and maintain internal information sharing on EEE parts including EEE parts alerts
- Co-ordinate EEE activities between equipment suppliers, prime contractor (external), review authorities and procurement agents.
- For projects working i.a.w. ESCC requirements review internal & sub-contractor DCL’s and PAD’s for compliance to project technical and PA requirements.
- Participate in Parts Control Boards as required
- Support project teams in EEE related activities including review and generation of project related documents such as procurement, BoM, specifications, DPA’s, Reports or Goods-in data review
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Strong background in Electronic Engineering, including knowledge of EEE parts, part classes, technologies and design application.
- Previous experience in parts engineering in Space and/or Hi-Reliability domain using qualified parts.
- Working knowledge of ESA / MIL systems
- Knowledge of commercial EEE parts and qualities
- ·Good appreciation or experience of circuit design, part application and product assembly would be beneficial
- Appreciation of the effects of ionising radiation on parts.
- Flexible and pragmatic approach – process guided rather than ruled.
- Team player and a desire to support others
- Good communication skills
- Organised approach