Data Handling Engineer
Job Reference: GTL-2018-10-103
Location: Harwell, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
Please note - this is an urgent requirement
The position will be based in Harwell but the role will re-locate and be base in Cannes for but up to 10% of work may need to be conducted at subcontractor’s or customer premises, typically in UK or Europe.
Primary Purpose of the Role:
·Define requirements, architecture, design and verification for Data Handling in accordance with relevant European Space Agency flight standards. This will be completed in accordance with relevant clients Quality Management and industry Standards. The Data Handling Engineer will work with the Data Handling Architect and Lead Systems Engineer on Equipment, Payload/Platforms activities within phase B2/C/D of projects.
Reporting to the Systems Engineering Manager with technical oversight provided by the Design Authority.
.The main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Review Spacecraft, System and Subsystem Requirements Specifications
- Analysis of customer requirements and flow them into a compliant subsystem specifications
- Review Spacecraft, System and Subsystem interface requirements
- Review of the Avionics and Data Handling implementation
- Support load analysis / budgets (memory, processor, communication bus).
- Supporting the definition of the avionics and data handling verification control strategy
- Contribute to the Satellite command/control synoptic
- Support Data-Handling validation logic definition
- Contribute to the Satellite Design and Development Plan
- Support the definition of the verification philosophy for the overall DHS at Satellite level
- Support the AVM team during test activities, including anomaly investigations
- Support NCR investigations
- Assessment of the verification test results and evaluation of Data Handling performances
- Contribute to VCD and Verification Matrix
- Support to the development of Operations Documentation
- Provide the Data Handling system data inputs to SRDB for AVM, CDMS HW and for CDMS SW
- Support definition for the Data Handling aspect the AVM and AIT test plans
- Support the SVM / PFM teams during AIT tests
- Support all technical documentation for Data Handling
- Configuration control of engineering documentation and outputs