AIT Assembly, Integration & Test Engineer - Space Systems
Job Reference: GTL-2018-03-104
Location: Bristol, United Kingdom
The role is a permanent position and the successful candidate will be based in Bristol, UK.
Our Space client based in Bristol is seeking an AIT Engineer to play a key role in setting up, establishing and managing the day to day operation of their satellite integration facility in Bristol. You will oversee all associated activities including project management, manufacturing processes, mechanical and thermal engineering requirements and will be in charge of the technical content, schedule and costs of the tasks in the AIT department. As an AIT Space System Engineer you will be responsible for the AIT facility launch campaign preparation and performance and play a crucial role in the development in the next generation of space platforms.
Reporting to the AIT Manager with technical oversight provided by the Skill lead.
The main duties and responsibilities may include:
- Complete Assembly, Integration and Test activities on Satellites
- Work in accordance with AIT procedures and processes
- Assembly of the Satellite and sub-assemblies
- Validation of the tooling
- Manufacturing\routing harnesses in accordance with ECSS standards
- Assembly, inspection and repair in conformance with ECSS-Q-ST-70-08 and ECSS-Q-ST-70-26.
- Perform hazardous and critical operations, such as bonding, crimping of flight H/W etc in line with the correct standards
- Assemble Multi-Layer Insulation
- Environmental tests preparation and satellite instrumentation in accordance with the instrumentation plan.
- Records test configurations and databases and ensures the traceability of the operations that have been conducted are correctly performed
- Reviews test results to ensure the quality of the tests carried are acceptable and provide the corresponding test reports as applicable
- Satellite installation in the transport container
Skills, Experience & Qualifications Required:
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in the Space and Satellite Engineering field
- Significant skills and experiences related to the duties and responsibilities listed above
- Build and test experience on Satellites
- Ideally the candidate would have completed activities on a number of different satellites
- Certified to ECSS-Q-ST-70-08 and ECSS-Q-ST-70-26. Or previously certified and able to be recertified