Senior Program Manager
Job Reference : GTL-2018-04-108
Location: Aylesbury, United Kingdom
One of our clients is a global designer and manufacturer of space hardware and systems. They are world leaders in the production of space-qualified passive microwave equipment and specialized electronics. In addition, they provide micro-satellite mission solutions ranging from mission concept studies to launch and operations.
Within this role, you will manage bespoke, and complex space programs, across a multi-functional product team. This is a fantastic opportunity to work on technically complex, and high engineering content, and to be part of the delivery of brand new products to the market.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Manage a range of high engineering content space programs, using our standard program manager toolkit including MSP, EVMS, and R&O, whilst applying associated methodologies such as sequential critical path, Agile, PMBOK.
- Lead a diverse, and experienced cross functional integrated product team on multiple programs
- Achieve and maintain the cost, schedule, and quality adherence in line with agreements, highlighting where appropriate, out of scope
- Be directly responsible for the customer interface and cultivating the existing and new relationships throughout the duration of the contract execution
- Develop execute, and achieve the annual operation plan (AOP) commitments for assigned programs
- You will provide input from your allocated programs which will include program management review (PMR),
- Lead programmatic aspects of complex proposals in support of the business front end Technical Sales and Customer Business Managers, delivering growth opportunities in line with Annual and Strategic Operating Plans (STRAP)
- Leadership of program management, implementation and improvement programs within the business team
- Acting as delegate for the Director, Program Management at Short Range Outlook (SRO), Monthly Operating Review (MoR), escalated Program Management Reviews and unbilled/accounts receivable reviews as required
Skills & Experience
- You will have exceptional experience of program management within one of the following fields Space/Aerospace/Automotive/Energy & Utility
- You must have extensive experience of working on Programs relating to high engineering content and low volume/high spec. think engineering to order (ETO) and New Product Introduction (NPI)
- You will degree qualified, ideally in engineering/science/business
- You will have solid knowledge and experience of financial, and contractual management
- A program management qualification or certification is highly desired PMI/PMBOK