This is a permanent position starting immediately.
Key Responsibilities and tasks
- Supplier sourcing
- Managing RFI / RFP / RFQ
- Coordination of Tender Evaluation Board
- Coordination supplier selection process
- Supplier contract negotiation
- Negotiation of frame agreements
- The job holder will be required to perform ad-hoc additional duties that will arise from time to time that are consistent with the nature of this managerial position.
- Degree level qualification in an associated discipline (such as engineering, marketing, project management)
- A professional qualification from a relevant Professional Institution is desirable (such as CIPS / IPMA)
Skills & Experience
A demonstrable positive performance record in the following activities:
- Supplier / customer relationships
- End-to-end procurement activities in a large multi-site, multidisciplinary manufacturing / engineering / technical organization.
- Project management in a mechanical equipment procurement context
- Demonstrating technical awareness in the relevant field
- Development / manufacture of the procurement / project experience
- Advanced contract negotiation skills and experience
- Communication and influencing skills to build productive relationships at all levels of the business
- Industrial project reviews.
- Use of contractual legal terms
- Application of analytical skills (interpret, analyse, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.)
- Use of ERP systems
- A working knowledge of European Space Agency / or / UK MoD contractual rules and forms is desirable
- While specific knowledge of the French and Italian languages is not a prerequisite for this position it would be advantageous to facilitate activities across the client’s organisation.
Can demonstrate a positive example in relation to the Leadership Model:
- Shape Solutions Out of Complexity
- Be Ambitious and Accountable
- Perform Through Co-operation
- Influence Key Stakeholders
- Manage Self
- Engage and Develop Teams
The job requires a flexible and “can do” approach to perform effectively in a fast changing business growth environment.
This will require the ability to maintain constructive relationships with both internal and external parties, whatever the criticality or complexity of topics to be addressed.
It will also require the demonstration of behaviours that contribute to an agile and collaborative operating model, “One International Company”.
The job requires the ability to work in a multi-site capacity. There will be a main location but travel is required within the UK and overseas (mainly within Europe.)