Job Reference: GTL-2018-06-106
Location: Harwell, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
Please note - this is a permanent position.
Our client has more than 40 years’ experience in designing, integration, testing, operation and commissioning of innovative space systems. Using some of the world’s most sophisticated technologies, we meet the needs of a variety of commercial, government, scientific and security customers. Our teams create the technology to monitor our oceans, help us better understand climate change and drive scientific progress. We also supply the International Space Station and, as such, play a pivotal role in exploring the universe.
This is an excellent opportunity to join at the start of a growing business, shape your career and be a major contributor to growth of the business.
- Overview of specifications, architecture, development and validation plans
- Implement and test hardware in accordance with relevant standards
- Review of customer requirements;
- Define requirements for EGSE systems.
- Design EGSE systems for Satellite AIT
- Maintain legacy EGSE systems working with team members based in other sites for knowledge sharing
- Develop documentation for the EGSE systems which may include:
- Functional/block diagrams,
- Test configuration diagrams,
- Assembly drawings,
- Harness drawings,
- Certification procedures,
- User manuals.
- Oversee manufacturing process for EGSE systems, This may include:
- Managing/prioritising the manufacturing processes.
- Validation and certification for use in the AIT facility
- 1st level support for the AIT facility, which may include
- Commissioning of hardware,
- Composition of AIT procedures,
- Configuration management of the ESGE hardware and software components.
Values & Behaviours:
- Produce items to quality standards to meet customer / contractual requirements.
- Provide all tasks and outputs, typically defined within a work package description, in conformance to agreed scope budget and schedules.
- Build relationships with colleagues and work cooperatively with others to achieve project goals.
- Contribute to professional exchanges and develop the corporate expertise in digital design engineering.
- Proactive to optimise engineering processes to reduce costs