Job Reference : GTL-2018-02-111
Location : Germany
Our client based in Germany is seeking an Optical Engineer.
- Development, implementation and validation of test equipment and tools for assessing the performance of space-based optical systems, both passive (EO/IR imaging systems, spectrometers), as well as active (LIDAR) instruments include contribute to verification strategies for optical remote sensing systems under simulated conditions of use (Space)specification, procurement, validation and operation of OGSE ("optical ground support equipment").
- Calibration of optical test benches" for the verification of the performance of optical systems and components evaluation of test/verification concepts and plans for optical systems and OGSE.
- Planning of testing and verification campaigns for optical systems under simulated space conditions.
- Close co-operation with other technical disciplines (mechanical design, thermal and structural dynamic design, systems engineering, assembly, integration & Testing" (AIT).
- Participation in relevant congresses and conferences, as well as creation of publications.
You have a degree in engineering sciences or have an equivalent qualification in the field of optics, physics or a related technical discipline.
Skills and Experience:
- At least 5 years of professional experience in a comparable position
- Basic knowledge in remote sensing, remote sensing systems and their performance evaluation
- Advanced knowledge in the field of optical modeling, simulation, analysis and error analysis (including stray light analysis), particularly in the case of telescopes, spectrometers and INTERFEROMETERS
- Work experience in optical laboratories as well as extensive and sound knowledge of optical experimental setups, measurements and measurement data analysis are of advantage
- Experience in dealing with design tools for optical design (e.g., Code V zemax, ASAP)
- Experience in the assessment of the effects of environmental conditions on the performance of optical systems
- Advanced programming knowledge (MATLAB, Python) is desirable
- Experience in clean room environments such as ISO class 8 and ISO class 5
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- A pronounced ability to work in a team, as well as a verbal and written communication skills draw from the enthusiasm to work in a multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural and multi-lingual team