Test Team Leader
Job Reference : GTL-2018-02-110
Location : United Kingdom
Test Team Leader
Our client is a global designer and manufacturer of space hardware and systems. They are world leaders in the production of space-qualified passive microwave equipment and specialized electronics. In addition, they provide micro-satellite mission solutions ranging from mission concept studies to launch and operations.
We are seeking a Test Team Leader to be an integral member of the team, responsible for the allocation of test work within the MAIT (manufacturing, assembly, integration, and test) team. You will also undertake the testing, fault finding, and design improvement of flight hardware conforming to space-flight approved formal test procedures.
This is a permanent position starting in March 2018.
- Attend daily meetings working proactively with Assembly dept.
- Confirm the daily targets are being met, identify constraints, and allocate owners to actions to resolve any identified issues
- Liaise with MAIT Manager/planning to assist with schedule input and identify potential resource conflicts
- Identify resources to meet test requirements.
- Undertake the tuning and testing of all company products
- Agree a standard for acceptable levels of housekeeping with the MAIT manager and ensure that the dept is kept to this standard
- Monitor data integrity and to initiate corrective actions were necessary
- Assess and conduct reviews in line with Company Procedures
- Work with test team members to maintain Quality levels
- Review test plans and support test engineering
- Review test results for data integrity and content in line with company procedures
- Create and maintain a detailed skills matrix and training plan, ensuring that all key operations within the dept have sufficient levels of trained resource to meet the production schedule
- Provide direction to members of the test team.
- Compliance to the company’s Quality Management System (QMS)
- Compliance to the company's Health and safety Policy
- HNC/HND qualification in electrical/electronic engineering or equivalent experience
- A broad base radio frequency and electronics knowledge and experience
- Familiarity with a range of tune and test techniques including thermal, vacuum, high power, and EMC testing
- Ideally you will come from an aero/space/telecoms background
- Previous experience of leading a team or project would be highly advantageous