Procurement Team Lead
Job Reference : GTL-2018-02-108
Location : United Kingdom
Our UK-based client creates solutions linked to global macro-trends that improve quality of life for people around the globe — generating clean, healthy energy, and using it more efficiently; increasing our safety and security; enabling people to connect, communicate, and collaborate; and equipping their customers to be even more productive.
Our core businesses – Aerospace, Home and Building Technologies, Safety and Productivity Solutions, and Performance Materials and Technologies – are leaders in their respective industries, driving solutions that make people’s lives better every day.
Our client is a global leader in the engineering and production of custom-designed spaceflight hardware. Space technology must meet the highest performance standards.
We are seeking a Procurement Team Leader to develop and produce innovative, bespoke concept products for the Space industry. We will provide you with opportunities to work across a huge variety of different projects, whilst experiencing very unique challenges along the way.
This is a permanent position starting in March 2018.
- Management of the site Procurement Team.
- Member of the Site Leadership Team.
- Member of the company's Operating System steering committee.
- Supporting Sourcing and Procurement Leadership in the implementation of strategic Procurement initiatives.
- Ownership of site Procurement Quality Management Processes, ensuring appropriate policies and procedures are in place and up to date.
- Own and develop site level Key Performance Indicators for function and by Project.
- Develop Procurement strategies and plans to support delivery of the Annual Operating Plan (AOP).
- Identify opportunities, scope and lead improvement activities.
- Management of Procurement Activities affected by ITAR and export compliance requirements.
- Supporting Project Procurement activities, attendance at meetings, providing procurement status and all activities as would usually be required of a Procurement team member including placing Purchase Orders, expediting deliveries, negotiating terms, resolving delivery and invoice queries.
- Guidance for site cross functional teams, in compliance with company's Procurement Polices.
- Participation and leading supplier visits and meetings.
- Chair and attendance at daily site tier meetings.
- Any other reasonable task relevant to supporting the business.
- Compliance with Company Safety and Quality Procedures.
- Proven experience in a technical procurement leader position.
- Experience working within the engineering industry.
- Space Industry procurement experience
- SAP knowledge, Excel skills.
- Triple E buying experience
- Experience and comfort using Six Sigma/Lean tools to identify opportunities and drive improvement.
- Ability to provide identify, recommend and implement appropriate supply strategies, arrangements and agreements
- Electronics or Mechanical based qualification
- Technical competence in electronics or mechanical parts and processes
- Export Compliance and ITAR knowledge