Planning Logistics Team Lead
Job Reference : GTL-2018-02-104
Location : United Kingdom
Our client is a leading provider of integrated avionics, engines, systems and service solutions for aircraft manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation, military space and airport operations.
They are a global designer and manufacturer of space hardware and systems. They are world leaders in the production of space-qualified passive microwave equipment and specialized electronics. In addition, they provide micro-satellite mission solutions ranging from mission concept studies to launch and operations.
We have a new and exciting opportunity for a Planning and Logisitcs Team Lead. Responsible for the creation and maintenance of the Master Production Schedule (MPS). Provide information to support the business teams on bids, schedule, costs, as well as status on projects. Lead a small team responsible for master schedule, production and material planning, and logistics operations on site, as well as the SIOP process for ISC. Active member of Site Leadership Team, helping drive company initiatives and site processes such as IPDS, SIOP, HOS, as well as supporting increasingly mature HSE culture and general process improvements.
- Create and maintain MAIT (Manufacturing, Assembly, Integration and Test) resource schedules in MicroSoft Project using Project management plans, to ensure MAIT manager is able to plan resource requirements and Project Managers can identify any risks to overall schedule (Applicant needs to understand Product Trees, Work Breakdown Structures, work packages, and experience in an Engineer-To-Order environment would be beneficial)
- Liaise with Project Teams, Material / Production Planners & Procurement during all phases of projects to ensure all material requirements* are met to enable progression of Project/MAIT Schedule.
- Proactively manage any material issues that may be hindering progress on MAIT schedule
- Lead weekly Cell SIOP process to support overall site SIOP.
- Compliance to the company’s Quality Management System (QMS) & Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy
- Proven & strong SAP experience
- Excellent experience with Microsoft Project and Microsoft Excel
- You will be have solid communications skills with experience of leading and motivating a team
- You will be credible, with great influencing skills
- You will have high attention to detail
- You will have a reasonable understanding of drawings
- You will come from an engineering/scientific background ideally with a degree in the field
- APICS Certification is highly desired but not essential