Senior Product Assurance Engineer
Job Reference : GTL-2018-02-102
Location : United Kingdom
We are looking for a highly experienced and talented Senior Product Assurance Engineer. Within this role, you will be responsible for supporting key projects from a product assurance perspective from design, and development to flight stage! The types of products you will be working with are complex high reliability components, and sub systems for the space industry, so we are looking for someone with a relevant background within this field.
- Provide support to the bid team (PA Plans and estimates) and lead the production of the Product Assurance section of the Statement of Compliance.
- Ensure Customer requirements are within the scope of Honeywell QMS and generate approval documentation where waivers/deviations are identified or requested.
- Produce the Project Product Assurance Plan detailing activities and deliverables.
- Manage all Product Assurance deliverables in line with the Project PA Plan
- Management of all project non-conformances in accordance with the QMS and customer requirements. Communication and liaison with the customer to progress major non-conformances, including acting as chair for NRB/MRB meetings.
- Liaison and communication with the project team on all activities associated with the
project product assurance programme.
- Review of Honeywell project and customer documentation to evaluate compliance with the
project product assurance requirements.
- Represent Honeywell Product Assurance on all customer project meetings.
- Undertake project auditing activities in line with the Project Product Assurance Plan.
- Responsible for allocated Product Assurance tasks within multiple projects.
- Product design – ensure adequate validation to check new products are robust and capable. Be involved with design reviews, production phase and test campaign.
- Supply chain – audit and review suppliers to check necessary controls are in place to prove product integrity within suitable agreed standards for space development and production. This may include external supplier audits.
- Management of Supplier caused issues within the Value Stream
- Manufacturing – review production processes operate effectively and proactively promote process improvements.
- Drive built in quality (BIQ), continuous improvement and the Honeywell Operating System (HOS) from a Quality perspective.
- By use of Core Quality Tools & Techniques, drive corrective actions through to solve root cause issues, putting controls in place to maintain improvements and prevent any re-occurrence.
In addition to the normal PA duties you may be asked to support other activities for the Quality function, such as:
- QMS transition and maintenance.
- Supplier audits and supplier information maintenance (via One Source and Net-Inspect).
- SAP activities (setting up materials, quality clauses SPOCs, inspection characteristics, etc).
- CARs- Corrective and Preventive Action vie eCATS.
- Cause Chain Analysis with the use of CAMP (Cause Analysis / Mistake Proofing) methodology.
- HND in mechanical/electrical engineering OR equivalent industry experience
- Extensive, and proven experience within the Space industry within quality AND product assurance
- Strong communication skills
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes used in the electronic or microwave industries
- You should be a good problem solver, and able to think outside the box
- Proven track record of managing products from end to end
- A 1st Degree in an engineering field is highly advantageous
- Knowledge of SAP would be a distinct advantage
- Experience of reading and understanding engineer drawings
- Six Sigma Green/Black belt is desired but not essential