Lead Materials Scheduler
Job Reference : GTL-2018-02-101
Location : United Kingdom
Our Client is a leading provider of integrated avionics, engines, systems and service solutions for aircraft manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation, military space and airport operations.
They are a global designer and manufacturer of space hardware and systems. They are world leaders in the production of space-qualified passive microwave equipment and specialized electronics. In addition, they provide micro-satellite mission solutions ranging from mission concept studies to launch and operations.
We have a new and exciting opportunity for a Lead Materials Scheduler. This role is responsible for keeping the all materials flowing through test lines, and managing/allocating materials and parts through teams and departments.
- Coordinate and expedite flow of materials, parts, and assemblies through the supply chain
- Manage and report on material availability and status of production orders, identifying and addressing any material shortages
- Ensure accuracy of data in SAP system is maintained to capture traceability and report any errors immediately
- Liaise with assembly, test, procurement, engineering and project management teams to confirm priorities and update order status
- Create and release production orders, including subcontract planning
- Monitor and manage supply of packaging and shipping crates
- Assist with any other planning or material management task as directed by line manager. This may include supporting kitting, goods receipt and stock movements in stores as necessary.
- Proven & strong SAP experience creating and managing orders
- Strong experience of analysing SAP reports via Excel and Pivot Tables
- You will be proactive and able to communicate across functions within the business
- You will be able to understand engineering drawings
- You will have high attention to detail
- Ideally you will come from an engineering background
- Experience within the Space sector is highly desirable